75 things YOU can DO to create a better world
To create a better world, create a better you
Since I can remember, my big goal in life was to create a better world.
It’s been my life and business vision for several decades, “Creating a better world by empowering people to fulfill their greatest potential”.
But we don’t need to fulfill our potential before we create a better world…
We can start today, right now… Small actions… Actions that don’t take too much time or effort… They only require an intention to make… a difference.
Here is a list of 75 things YOU and I can DO to create a better world, right here, right now:
- Become a better person
- Be respectful
- Be kind to others
- Be kind to yourself
- Brighten the world… Smile!
- Listen to people when they speak
- Look a person in the eyes
- Got a talent? Share it!
- Give your old clothes to those who need them
- Read aloud to little kids
- Donate the books you don’t read anymore
It’syour birthday? Give someone a gift
- Give someone an honest compliment
- Do a random act of kindness
- Start a community garden
- Ditch your car and walk, bike or use the public transportation
- Plant a tree (or even better… many trees)
- Turn off the lights when you don’t use them
- Hug 3 people… Every day
- Send a ‘thank you’ note… As many as you can…
- Share your lunch and chat with a homeless person
- Know someone with a dream? Help them make it come true.
- Help cook and/or serve a meal at a homeless shelter
- Put “you are beautiful” notes in strangers’ car wipers
- Read books for visually impaired people
- Bring toys to children in the hospital’s cancer ward
- Reuse and recycle
- Mentor a younger person
- Become an organ donor
- Donate blood
- Don’t drink and drive
- Don’t use the phone while driving
- Tell someone you appreciate them
- Tell someone you love them
- Adopt an elderly person at a local retirement home
- Tutor a student in your local school who needs a little extra help
- Shop less. And when shopping prefer local, small shops
- Say no to plastic bags and use your own reusable bags
- Grow your own vegetables
- Buy groceries with the least amount of packaging
- Teach your kids to care for the world
- Shop at
second handstores once in a while
- Buy organic products from your local
- Don’t throw something if you can give it away or sell it
- Host a clothing swap party. Invite all your friends to bring their unwanted clothes and trade!
- If you buy something from a charity shop, pay double
- Take responsibility for your problems; don’t blame others.
- Encourage children to become leaders. It will teach them to care for others.
- Eat together, and not in front of the TV
- Call your parents more often
- Don’t shout at children
- Turn off your TV and do something less boring instead
- Take a first-aid course
- Find out the names of the people who serve you (waiters, stewardess, cleaners…) and use them
- If you see someone lost, show them the way
- Reconnect with old friends
- Be honest when it’s painful or scary
- Every day you wake up, be grateful
- Tell someone how great they are
- Got a favorite game? Teach it to younger kids
- Donate a percentage of your monthly income for a worthy cause
- Compost your fruit and vegetable scraps…and use it in your garden!
- See trash on your path? Pick it up and throw it in a garbage bin.
- Help teach a younger child to read
- Teach an older person how to use the Internet
- Plant flowers in public areas that could use some color
- Clean up trash along a beach or in a park
- Give up your seat on the bus or train to someone
- Coach a children’s sports team
- Make friends with a new neighbor
- Tell policemen in the street that you appreciate what they do
- Look for the good in all people
- Be a role model
- This last one is for you to fill in… let me know in the comment box below… “what are your additions to the list of things we can all DO to make a better world?”
Ready To Design Your Own Life?
Living by design means living according to a plan in order to achieve your purpose in life.
Take the first steps in creating an empowering and effective Life Plan.
And that’s not all. You will get, as a manual for your life, the “Living by Design: 28-Day Journey to Create the Life of Your Dreams” book!
Come and meet Gerdy!
And until then…
Live fully, be awesome… Nisandeh Neta