77 Great ways to live your life to the MAX
Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.
I’m going to sleep every night asking myself:
- Did I live fully today?
- Did I love fully?
- Did I make a difference?
Some days my answers are all ‘YES!’, sometimes they’re not…
But those questions give focus to my life, reminding me every day… what life is all about.
In today’s article, I collected some of my favorite ways to guarantee I live my life to the max.
Most of these ideas you probably heard before, some of them you’ll dismiss. Some of these ideas you’ll be able to put into practice right away, some of them might get you to think of doing something in the future. Yet, some ideas you’ll spend your lifetime working on.
So… here they are… 77 great ways to live your life to the MAX:
- Create a bucket list and start checking things off.
- Discover your values. What are you standing for?
- Set long-term, mid-term and short-term goals and WRITE them down.
- Plan for the future, but live in the present.
- Keep learning. There is something to learn from everything you see, hear and experience.
- Hold yourself to the highest standards, ethics, principles and moral codes.
- Embrace change. The only thing that’s constant is change. Change means growth.
- Don’t give up.
- Turn your passion into profits. Make a successful business from your passion.
- Spend your money on experiences instead of things.
- Generate passive income. So your income is not tied to the time you spend on your work.
- Help people when they least expect it, without reason. Share the love with everyone.
- Remember that you’re going to die one day. Live fully today!
- Respect and love yourself.
- Ask for feedback. But only from people you respect their opinion.
- Make a plan to achieve your ideal life and execute it.
- Help people in need. Volunteering is one way… There are many more.
- Constantly work on improving yourself.
- Create your own opportunities (instead of waiting for them to happen).
- Have sex! Sex is excellent for your health AND happiness.
- Overcome your fears (feel the fear… and do it anyway).
- Speak less. Listen more.
- Enjoy the beauty around you: nature, people, pets, children, art…
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Get a mentor and/or a coach. There’s no faster way to improve than to have someone work with you on your goals.
- Stretch yourself. How can you achieve more? Set bigger goals. Explore your limits and break them.
- Be empathetic. Practice seeing situations from the other person’s perspective.
- Say no to distractions.
- Overcome procrastination. Procrastination is a huge waste of life.
- Love your parents and cherish them.
- Change things. You can make a difference.
- Be part of something big. Something you believe in.
- Ignore the things you can’t (or won’t) change
- Make the time for what you want to do.
- Live consciously instead of routinely (on autopilot).
- Help others live their best lives. There is no better way to grow than to help others grow.
- Discover your life purpose.
- Say sorry when you know you should.
- Always give your 100 percent.
- Discover your passion. What sets you on fire?
- Be positive and reject negativity.
- Overcome laziness.
- Move forward every day. One step at a time.
- Don’t settle for less. Don’t settle for someone you don’t like, for a job you don’t like, for friends who make you feel small, for habits you are unhappy with…
- Do work you love. Life is too short to live only during weekends.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Be committed to your growth.
- Exercise daily to improve your health AND prolong your life.
- Get enough sleep.
- Surround yourself with the people you’d want to bevoke like them.
- Try new things. Get out of your comfort zone. Try something different.
- Stop trying to please everyone.
- Take care of your body. Stop feeding it junk food.
- Take care of your mind. Stop feeding it junk.
- Spend more time with people who enable you. Like-minded people, people who are positive, successful, ambitious and positive.
- Be the absolute best in what you do. Strive for the best – you don’t deserve anything lesser than that.
- Design your ideal life (imagine you have no limits, no fears)
- Be a hero to someone.
- The less you need in order to be happy, the happier you’ll be.
- Let go of relationships that do not support you. Avoid negative people, dishonest people, people who don’t respect you and people that prevent you from growing.
- Live in alignment with your purpose.
- Focus on WHAT you want instead of HOW you’re going to achieve it.
- Unplug (or get rid of) your TV.
- Get out there and make new friends.
- Don’t confuse pleasure with happiness. Pleasure is important to a happy life, but pleasure alone is not sufficient.
- Don’t complain.
- Don’t gossip.
- Create your own personal life manual. Your vision, mission, values, long-term and short-term goals, personal strengths, blind spots to address, plans, and more…
- Don’t live your life based on the expectations of others.
- Laugh. When you laugh, you feel happier and you will live longer.
- Declutter. The more you throw the unwanted and old stuff away, the more room you’re creating for new things to enter.
- Clean up your mess.
- Make as many mistakes as fast as possible. The more mistakes you make, the faster you learn.
- Travel wherever you want – be a stranger in that place.
- Create a better world. There are many things in the world that need your attention and help.
- Review your life. Set a weekly review session to assess how you are doing with your goals and your life.
WOW… Quite a list… isn’t it?
Last Saturday, I gave for the first time ever the Ambition Code seminar to 150 ambitious professionals.
It was focused on the 12 ESSENTIALS to living your life to the MAX and people loved the seminar. One of the feedbacks that kept coming back was… “Now I understand why I need to change things TODAY… and not some day in the future…”
Here is a quick glimpse to just a few of the toptics we covered in this one-day Ambition Code seminar.
Now… here’s your opportunity knocking…
Ready To Design Your Own Life?
Join me, wednesday June 28th in The Netherlands, in my newest adventure: the Life Design Masterclass.
Living by design means living according to a plan in order to achieve your purpose in life.
Take the first steps in creating an empowering and effective Life Plan.
And that’s not all. I will also be launching my new book “Living by Design: 28-Day Journey to Create the Life of Your Dreams”
Can’t wait to meet you there!
And until we do…
Please take a moment and add your way(s) to live life to the MAX in the comment box below.
Let’s inspire each other to live a full and joyful life…
And until we meet…
Live fully, be awesome…